1 post • joined 11 Nov 2008
Identity theft and online fraud mainly occurs because consumers leave their credit or debit data to intermidiaries' systems and networks. These systems are the weakest link and more prone to attack. The solution of the PIN in the card still forces online consumers to leave their credit data to these intermediaries.
Have you seen what the guys at www.kanatait.com are proposing? They argue that plastic cards (with chips or PINs) shouldn't be used in online transactions. Instead credit data is only seen and approved by the financial institution or credit card issuer and nobody else. Now that is a more compelling reason to eliminate fraud...
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed