12 posts • joined Tuesday 11th November 2008 13:24 GMT
"She pointed out that as she has got more "feminine" in appearance post op. she has found it increasingly difficult to be taken seriously in technical discussions."
I guess that's why gurus have beards.
"Specifically, it more or less says"
I'm slightly completely outraged at this.
No title, pointless.
"Some features, such as the player window or support for databases other than MySQL, have been removed"
Oh, fuck no. I despise MySQL - it's just junk. Amarok devs - please keep support for Postgres.
I never run anything that requires me to use MySQL as the backend.
The differences in the SQL language between the two are tiny - it can't be hardly any work to make it play nicely with both.
Well, that's them scuppered
Well, that's them scuppered for ever then. No-one else will ever trust them again, and sign up, and so I predict they'll slowly disappear.
Course, that could be what the poster wanted.....
As a 64-bit Linux Freetard
As a 64-bit Linux Freetard who occasionally watches stuff in Flash, I'm glad. Now, if Sun would release a 64 bit JNLP (Java Web Start) proggie for 64bit Linux, we'd be doing well.
I'm amazed that
I'm amazed that no-one's mentioned the excellent http://getfiregpg.org/
Not as secure as other systems, no doubt - but a lot easier for newbs.
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout