1 post • joined 25 Apr 2007
Close but not good enough
Well claiming it's not CD quality because of the bit rate is an absurd technicality, going by listening quality is a fair test. But I'm a bit hessitant to say 128Kbit AAC is truly CD quality, but I will admit AAC quality per bit ratio is very high, right next to Ogg Vorbis.
If they had said 160Kbit or 196Kbit was equivalent to CD quality, I might be satisfied with that, but somehow this jusi smells of some kind of standard Apple created with iTunes.
So what's next, will 256Kbit AAC be called HD Audio?!
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth