7 posts • joined 4 Nov 2008
RAID would be nice
Having had a uSD fail on me, I'd be *really* interested in a 64GB mirrored SD card (oh, and the phone OS support for that too)
The problem seems to be that the non-coders making the decisions want fast'n'fancy results, which will end up with some framework being used so Johnny can just type in "My Website" and choose a colour... Hey look - this 9yo just built a website! Film at 11 !
What is really needed is to get across some of the real basics (no, not BASIC), for example - codepad.org have an interactive C editor/interpreter. At the same time, you do also need to give 'em some flashy stuff to keep them interested and to demonstrate the breadth of 'coding'.
" ... the alphabet sues everyone?"
- entirely possible: http://www.alphabet.com/
Not famous enough or simply too long ago?
You may or may not have heard of Paul Lutus; he wrote "Apple Writer" way back at the dawn of time.
I happened across his arachnoid.com website, looking for HAM radio stuff as it 'appens, then did the Wiki on him to find he's just been deleted ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Lutus ).
Re: Remind me: What is/was Google's motto?
I think it was: "Do no evil that people can find out about."
Take a while to fill that...
I reckon if you had a 100Gbps line to your shiny new 10EB-worth of disks, it'd take over 3 years to fill it.
With my current ISP's speed (4Mbps) it'd take c. 75,000 years.
Anyhow, 3 years down the line we'll have bigger pendrives.
Self-powered forcefield generator
For a Mars trip, you're mainly worried about just one source of radiation - you only need to protect against particles from the sun... so just tow a large Halbach cylinder of magnets. Nasty charged things headed for you will veer off as they traverse the field.
Not quite so useful against killer krenon-ray wielding aliens tho'
Paris? attractive and highly charged.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln