2 posts • joined 3 Nov 2008
Seen it before...
I've seen this stuff before. I don't remember the reseller, but back in the old days, when dual core chips first started getting popular, there was a british reseller ad I got via spam (had to look, just because I thought maybe aliens had landed and changed everything) that claimed a clock speed of 5.2GHz. Reading the fine print, I saw they were adding the 2 cores of a dual core 2.6MHz cpu. We laughed about it in our irc channel for awhile. And now it's making big news...maybe I should have written an article about it back then...
I really would like to see the gaming systems tested with this.
I'll give Intel credit for not coming up with a "tri-core" version simply because the chip didn't pass QA.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network