16 posts • joined Monday 27th October 2008 20:42 GMT
* I. FIRST, We have granted to God, and by this our present Charter have confirmed, for Us and our Heirs for ever, that the Church of England shall be free, and shall have all her whole Rights and Liberties inviolable. We have granted also, and given to all the Freemen of our Realm, for Us and our Heirs for ever, these Liberties under-written, to have and to hold to them and their Heirs, of Us and our Heirs for ever.
* IX. THE City of London shall have all the old Liberties and Customs which it hath been used to have. Moreover We will and grant, that all other Cities, Boroughs, Towns, and the Barons of the Five Ports, and all other Ports, shall have all their Liberties and free Customs.
* XXIX. NO Freeman shall be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his Freehold, or Liberties, or free Customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or any other wise destroyed; nor will We not pass upon him, nor condemn him, but by lawful judgment of his Peers, or by the Law of the Land. We will sell to no man, we will not deny or defer to any man either Justice or Right.
re: True That!
you obviously don't work in the IT industry like me. cisco maeks great network kit and will make even better blades. next to HP there is no one to stop them. who? SUN? IBM? HP sells more blades than Sun and IBM put together. uprise the Cisco Fanbois
laugh/point/laugh some more
Niagara and Rock are worldbeaters and hp supports Solaris on ProLiant with no Transitive needed. With Itanium dead and H-SUX, well... sucking... HP has hedged their bet and should be safe with Solaris on Proliant. No need for Unisys - they don't even show up on Gartner's Magic Quadrant.
Re: Sun is no more
Bankrupt? You're a moron. Sun has 3Billion in cash and are still generating cash. You sound like a babbling drunkard AC. Would a company that is going bankrupt be buying companies (see Q-Layer).
Dell is faster and better than the rest
Most companies have Windoze skills inhouse already, so the admin skills are already there for a Windows Dell box, and many will have Linux skills already too. Dell runs Windoze best and they're only second to HP on Linux. You're all obviously not in the IT industry or you would realize this. You're all just a bunch of Dell Haters, or you would understand.
Re: Oh bugger...
"Bugger, I really am feeding the trolls today!"
Keep doing it. I need the nourishment. Besides, you make a lot of good points. I'll have to really think hard about my HP bias. Perhaps I am being a little naive.
No worries JS.
Sun is the number one Open Source vendor in the world. It takes a while to move from closed to open. Give them time. They'll get there! No one knows how to price out this stuff yet. If Sun was a start up, their market cap would be 10 Billion. As it is, they actually generate cash and have an existing customer base... go figure...
Sun's starting to really impress me. This one product was missing from their portfolio. Now all they need is a SPARC64 Blade solution. Itanic is really starting to pi$$ me off with the lack of advancements. I can't wait for ROCK!
Maybe Sun will put Fishworks in the Cloud! Bring ZFS TO THE WORLD!!!!
HP is perfect
You're all wrong! HP is perfect. They can do no wrong. What, you think they're Sun? Sunshiners!
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging