1 post • joined 22 Oct 2008
It was known in 1998 that a 1200mm coil could pick up keystrokes. Points handling sensitive data were surrounded in Faraday cages even though two years earlier Microsoft funded research at Oxford produced software that scrambled the signals given off by PCs. Unusually the software was freely available although I believe M$ now has a different approach to open source software.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON