1 post • joined Wednesday 22nd October 2008 08:52 GMT
It was known in 1998 that a 1200mm coil could pick up keystrokes. Points handling sensitive data were surrounded in Faraday cages even though two years earlier Microsoft funded research at Oxford produced software that scrambled the signals given off by PCs. Unusually the software was freely available although I believe M$ now has a different approach to open source software.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination