4 posts • joined 21 Oct 2008
Well, I've never....
...been niggled. But, I'll take a deniggling. Is that by the hour or by the pound?
Nothing would destroy 3PAR, or any "tier 2" storage supplier, more effectively than being bought by the current HP. Focus would shift from providing an alternative storage platform to increasing sales of already existing HP kit with 3PAR storage. This would destroy the purchased storage line; no R&D money or freedom would be allowed to further develop the product.
FF only half of the picture
Using a browser is a client/server interaction: both the client and the server need to be functioning effectively. How fast does a basic site load. [Google's main page]. If the server is trying to feed scripts from 6 different sites with 6 content types, no browser will function quickly.
My systems have anywhere from 3 to 16 Firefox addons; none of them operate slowly. I choose quality addons and don't visit craptastic sites.
We've all seen convergence before....
At one time I had a "smart" terminal with 6 3270 terminal sessions. Then the PC showed up and replaced the "converged" smart terminal into a paperweight. Every time massive convergence to a single connectivity option occurs, a new option is created on new technology. I already made the investment in FC hardware.<br><br> If what you say is true, then supporting that infrastructure will only get cheaper over the next 5 years. Then I will look at the new connectivity options.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor