3 posts • joined Tuesday 21st October 2008 02:13 GMT
Such a sad day....
Panasonic are still selling plasmas in very good numbers - for ultimate image quality, LCD (even the latest generations available here in Japan) don't come close. The picture quality on a 52" LCD is laughable in comparison.
What is shocking is just how far ahead of the game that Pioneer are with these screens - their exit from the industry is a step backwards. Even the latest 10th gen Panasonic panels can't replicate the black levels that Pioneer have achieved.
A sad day when production finally stops.
You said: "I cannot speak for the UK's infrastructure investment, but it also helps that Japan, Korea, and the like are a lot SMALLER"
Suggest you dig your atlas out mate - Japan is far far bigger than the UK in length.
Mine's the one with the Shinkansen tickets in the pocket.
Great Article - Thanks!
Had a weekend playing with an AA1 that I borrowed. Being a complete linux n00b, I followed the advice in the "Ten Tweaks" article to get it doing exactly what I need.
This article tells me why some of that stuff worked - please keep it coming!
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?