3 posts • joined 21 Oct 2008
Such a sad day....
Panasonic are still selling plasmas in very good numbers - for ultimate image quality, LCD (even the latest generations available here in Japan) don't come close. The picture quality on a 52" LCD is laughable in comparison.
What is shocking is just how far ahead of the game that Pioneer are with these screens - their exit from the industry is a step backwards. Even the latest 10th gen Panasonic panels can't replicate the black levels that Pioneer have achieved.
A sad day when production finally stops.
You said: "I cannot speak for the UK's infrastructure investment, but it also helps that Japan, Korea, and the like are a lot SMALLER"
Suggest you dig your atlas out mate - Japan is far far bigger than the UK in length.
Mine's the one with the Shinkansen tickets in the pocket.
Great Article - Thanks!
Had a weekend playing with an AA1 that I borrowed. Being a complete linux n00b, I followed the advice in the "Ten Tweaks" article to get it doing exactly what I need.
This article tells me why some of that stuff worked - please keep it coming!
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON