7 posts • joined Sunday 19th October 2008 14:47 GMT
So, in other words...
Keep an eye out for noobs posting links to previously unseen, shiny all-singing-all-dancing media sites, on forums and social networking sites over the next few years.
...or are they just gonna start up a few blogs?
Either way, I reckon it'll just end up as the online equivalent of the Today newspaper of yesteryear - It appears, and then everyone realises its shite and it dies.
In reply to...
" Noticed AVF Forums somehow detects the use of Adblocker and displays a begging message for you to disable it for their site. As they put their ads in tables and the begging message is of similar size then you might as well disable it!
This won't work, it is a nice idea but there are the few who have ruined it for everyone else by plastering sites in intrusive adverts. If there is an option added it will just be abused."
No fancy ABP detection here, its simply called a "background image".
In the style of Gordon Ramsey
- Aunt Bessie's 12 Individual Yorkshire Puds
- 10 minutes
All I know is...
I never have much of a problem with my VM 10MB connection. I know about the throttling between 5-9pm... so i don't do any big downloading until after then. Apart from that my speeds are pleasantly reliable and constant.
My brother, who lives a 5 minute walk away, is on the VM 20MB service and got VM to agree to a discount on his bill because his service is never anywhere near to 20MB... when i visit it is noticeably slower than my connection. Then again he deserves it because he is a gaylord with a big bum and likes crappy rock music and smells of poo.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones