4 posts • joined Wednesday 15th October 2008 22:49 GMT
Hmm @ puns
This judge really has a thing for Vegas... and puns. She knows that movie was awful, right?
Do... do people actually break copyright by copying retail DVDs? Does that actually happen these days? I really can't imagine that direct copies of retail DVDs amounts to a significant portion of piracy these days. They'd be better off reserving their legal budgets for suing more nefarious bittorrent-wielding students.
Hi, I made a pointless iphone app, make me rich now plz
Here's hoping he loses... seriously, $3 for a beer animation? The guy's just plain greedy - as are most iphone app developers. And now he's proving it with a ridiculous lawsuit. How can he possibly claim to deserve $12.5m for such a pointless app? He probably refused Carling's licensing offer in the first place because they didn't offer him millions for it.
6m downloads of ipint != 6m lost sales of ibeer - just because people are willing to download it for free doesn't mean they'd be willing to pay $3 for it. It would provide at most a couple of minutes of entertainment.
I'd download it for free (and probably remove it again pretty soon after), but there's no way I'd spend money on it - I don't care if it is a small amount, pointless apps are not worth money.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?