1 post • joined 14 Oct 2008
Would be used for PAM by NetApp
Isn't the PAM from NetApp just a PCIe card ?
Moving from RAM to Flash should not be a big deal, since the cache is block oriented anyway.
This would be a good way to boost the latency and IOPS of an array, without spending $$$ on 15K spindles.
Or maybe NetApp would have us spending $$$ on 15K spindles ?
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers