2 posts • joined 1 Oct 2008
Symbian Pre-existing condition
I suspect machines running Symbian may be immune to this particular problem. There was a similar problem to this one for the Symbian S60 system back in December last year, the so called S60 Curse of Silence. A specially crafted SMS would be sent to the phone and would occupy space in the mail box while not presenting itself in the message list. It soaked up space until the phone could no-longer receive SMS messages. I suspect Symbian was patched to handle that and this new 'sploit uses a similar technique.
Maxwell's Demon was beaten ages ago
I'm guessing these guys don't read Make! Magazine. They published an article that showed you how to conduct the Maxwell's Demon experiment in real life and get an, apparently impossible, result. Maxwell's Demon supposedly lets you create a temperature differential from a constant temperature source by using a friendly demon. However by using a cyclonic concentric air-stream you can produce hot and cold air from a room temperature feed.
Does no-one look outside their field any more?
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...