3 posts • joined 24 Apr 2007
In case anyone has forgotten, in the good old days the "bad guys" used a TIMER to set their bombs off...
(And yes, there's one in allmost every modern mobile phone... but a simple kitchen timer would be a lot easier...)
Windows + Security = B*ll*cks !
Since any user will soon be sick and tired of Vista asking for their admin credentials that UAC will probably be disabled by many of them, I don't see how this will inprove security.
This entire "looking for words like install and setup" thing is nothing more than an attempt to achieve at least some backwards-compatibility with all those different installers out there.
This feature has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with blocking spyware, adware or other nasty stuff.
All those spyware writers would have to do is simply create an installer that actually runs without requiring admin privileges, then let that program create a login-screen that looks exactly like the UAC login screen and capture the
(l)users admin-password... it's as simple as that !
Was it the green or the red version ?
I was just wondering if it also had a trace amount (0.0001%) of an unknown substance in it, just like the real deal ?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests