3 posts • joined 24 Apr 2007
In case anyone has forgotten, in the good old days the "bad guys" used a TIMER to set their bombs off...
(And yes, there's one in allmost every modern mobile phone... but a simple kitchen timer would be a lot easier...)
Windows + Security = B*ll*cks !
Since any user will soon be sick and tired of Vista asking for their admin credentials that UAC will probably be disabled by many of them, I don't see how this will inprove security.
This entire "looking for words like install and setup" thing is nothing more than an attempt to achieve at least some backwards-compatibility with all those different installers out there.
This feature has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with blocking spyware, adware or other nasty stuff.
All those spyware writers would have to do is simply create an installer that actually runs without requiring admin privileges, then let that program create a login-screen that looks exactly like the UAC login screen and capture the
(l)users admin-password... it's as simple as that !
Was it the green or the red version ?
I was just wondering if it also had a trace amount (0.0001%) of an unknown substance in it, just like the real deal ?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS