4 posts • joined 30 Sep 2008
cool in more ways than one
Great to see an innovative approach to throughput ...that doesn't involve more tin or faster plumbing
@ Maliciously Crafted Packet
When they work you never hear about them ....... its just not that interesting ...
and I just chucked my dead battery ....now I can't get a replacement as the utility won't run ....I wonder if Lenovo will show some sympathy ...will let you know
A new (datacentre!!) world order ?
Very concise article...a must read for those Chief Execs who still have organisations where one cost centre consumes ( IT ) and another pays ( Facilities ) and never the twain should meet ...the market dynamic will drive energy efficiency becasue the punishment for inefficient consumption is getting more and more severe.
The Intel experiment is also something the industry will look carefully at although I have a minor gripe with what I've read ...the cost savings are expressed in terms of a tradiditional versus radical design ...but if the traditional was already a dog then the numbers may look artificially attractive....regardless, very interesting. ( and I'm sure someone can clarify for me ).
SO....The power cost and availability debate is fast replacing the 'carbon credit' and 'green agenda' in the Datacentre industry and that's got to be a good thing ....now we can focus on something we can influence...direclty. If we look after the kilowatts the carbon will look after itself ...
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait