4 posts • joined Tuesday 30th September 2008 10:44 GMT
@ Maliciously Crafted Packet
When they work you never hear about them ....... its just not that interesting ...
A new (datacentre!!) world order ?
Very concise article...a must read for those Chief Execs who still have organisations where one cost centre consumes ( IT ) and another pays ( Facilities ) and never the twain should meet ...the market dynamic will drive energy efficiency becasue the punishment for inefficient consumption is getting more and more severe.
The Intel experiment is also something the industry will look carefully at although I have a minor gripe with what I've read ...the cost savings are expressed in terms of a tradiditional versus radical design ...but if the traditional was already a dog then the numbers may look artificially attractive....regardless, very interesting. ( and I'm sure someone can clarify for me ).
SO....The power cost and availability debate is fast replacing the 'carbon credit' and 'green agenda' in the Datacentre industry and that's got to be a good thing ....now we can focus on something we can influence...direclty. If we look after the kilowatts the carbon will look after itself ...
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!