1 post • joined 18 Aug 2006
Less then conscious behaviour
at the risk of sounding new age... i have noticed that i am most intuitive when my conscious mind is "shut down". most obvious example: if someone asks me the time when im not thinking, the numbers i blurt out are dead on a third of the time, and within five minutes another third of the time. some people i've spoken to confirm this happens to them too... same goes for questions like "guess what", my chances of answering correctly are higher when my conscious is off... so what? are we more intune with the world when we aren't overthinking it?
and the idea that the conscious mind is anti-survival has been bothering me for quite a while... touchy subject, im sorry, but it seems that overthinking the world can lead to depression and even suicide. how can this be pro-survival?
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant