4 posts • joined 24 Apr 2007
Mr Chalk and Mr Cheese would like a word
Are you really comparing built-in, cross-game voice chat with what basically amounts to IRC? Are you supposed to throw down your controller and quickly type '3 incoming up the left ramp, one has the flag, I'm low on health and require assistance!'
Did Betamax and VHS have such rabid blinkered fanbois?
So you're taking the fact that the iPhone accident rate as being signifigant, but the fact that TWICE AS MANY people spill drinks on their Motorola as being irrelevant?
Lies, damned lies, and statistics...
Long loading times?
@Timmeh Buy a decent SSD. Area to are takes <2 seconds on my PC.
Given that about 95% of the PC gamers I know play WoW, are you seriously trying to call them all 'nerds' ? Geeks perhaps, nerds, unlikely. Hell, one of our priests is a 25 year old beauty therapist with her own salon - 'unwashed nerd' indeed.
"even at the PlayStation 3's whopping $599 price tag, it's chump change compared to the copious coin-purse required to meet the $3,000-5,000 necessary to get the latest and greatest out of a PC."
Riiiiight. Been buying gold plated PCs, have we? My DualCore Vaio happily runs WoW, and most other things short of SupCom, and it cost me 500 quid.
AND it's portable.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA