16 posts • joined Tuesday 23rd September 2008 13:53 GMT
Happy side effect of this foolish wazzing contest
While I do think that Apple are being dicks over Flash (and showing the sort of control-freakery that means I'll never own any Apple kit more elaborate than an MP3 player) a large site ditching Flash in favour of (gasp) HTML can only be a good thing.
Flash: good for games, good for video, catastrophic for any "serious" webbery.
All IMO of course...
Politics AND business?
Is the "politics and business" from the study or something El Reg has added?
The study covers Tory candidate selections and is even called "Politics and the Glass Cliff". Someone's overextrapolating.
Vista Service Pack
If they'd have been a bit more honest and called this a Vista Service Pack they'd have no trouble finding early adopters.
I can't tell you how happy reading that there's a boffin called Boffin has made me.
Crap drivers on ice
I like the icy wheel idea except... Tilting the panels one way is good to get it moving but how about turning? And stopping?
It's more pie in the sky nonsense. It's fun but how about covering these leccy cars when they're in/near production, rather than the glut of GCSE Design and Technology level stuff we've seen lately?
As long as 10 years ago I read the advice to register common mis-spellings of your site's URL (e.g. atomz.com used to have atomx.com registered although checking now I see they allowed that one to lapse)
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16