1 post • joined Monday 22nd September 2008 14:27 GMT
What about IR/RF?
What a tablet like this needs and everyone keeps forgetting is an IR and/or RF transceiver instead of 3G, in my opinion these devices are not mobile enough to take with you everywhere but could really flourish as a multifunctional device for the "home".
These devices are great for universal remote control possibilities, especially with Maemo (linux) installed. I admit that it is possible to do this via wifi, but that's too laborious and/or slow?
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging