3 posts • joined 19 Sep 2008
Macs are great except for forced OS upgrades.
Too many applications are not built to be backward compatible with older Mac OS X releases, forcing users to upgrade. The drop off rate is particularly fast compared to Windows. e.g. Apple kindly give away XCode for free but the latest version will only run on 10.5 and you cannot download their older versions. In contrast, creaking old win2k will run most Windows applications today and still receives windows updates.
Alert the uninPhormed masses
It seems most tech savvy Reg readers are well inPhormed enough to choose not to go near Phorm with a bargepole. But what about the uninPhormed masses? What would it cost to buy up the whole of the Phorm ad system for a day or maybe even a week and fill it with ads inPhorming the uninPhormed that Phorm is in bad phorm? How many of you would be willing to put your money where your mouth is and pledgebank your financial support?
Wide disc drive on slim xbox
On current Xbox 360s the hard disc attaches to the top of the console when it's vertical. If MS decide to make a slim version of the 360 the current hard discs wont fit so they'll either have to:
1. Put the hard disc on the side which would look rubbish.
2. Abandon compatibility with current hard disc and introduce a new form factor.
3. Not support hard discs and rely only on memory cards. Given the rate at which flash memory capacity is increasing this might be practical within an 18 month time frame.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan