2 posts • joined 19 Sep 2008
@ let me explain Manuel... (and thank you Toby)
The whole point is that the water shortens the wavelength, without changing the frequency. The light incident on the silicon has exactly the same frequency with or without. Wavelength is what affects the ability to resolve detail. The water "hack" allows use of the same light source, lens tech etc, whereas EUV is a whole new ballpark of pain.
Don't you mean shorter wavelength, or is this special water?
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops