3 posts • joined 31 Dec 2008
Thank you for saving me the trouble
Yeah, geez, requires local access to machine. And the Windows wankers still don't even understand the glory of NT gaining it's acceptance into US gov procurment circles by passing the security tests for a server - by not being hooked to a network.
Once again proving the evolutionary advantage of have the palm of your hand the exact size of your forehead ....
First product to ship with open source?
So why doesn't the GPL'd code in Services for Unix count ?
Lets see now, a competitor would have to find funds to set up a similar service and work out licensing with the copyright holders. In other words, 'pay itself' to do the work ...
Which is just what you are describing Google as doing.
Come on folks, being successful is not the same as being a monopoly. We have an excellent example of THAT to measure against
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know