3 posts • joined 31 Dec 2008
Thank you for saving me the trouble
Yeah, geez, requires local access to machine. And the Windows wankers still don't even understand the glory of NT gaining it's acceptance into US gov procurment circles by passing the security tests for a server - by not being hooked to a network.
Once again proving the evolutionary advantage of have the palm of your hand the exact size of your forehead ....
First product to ship with open source?
So why doesn't the GPL'd code in Services for Unix count ?
Lets see now, a competitor would have to find funds to set up a similar service and work out licensing with the copyright holders. In other words, 'pay itself' to do the work ...
Which is just what you are describing Google as doing.
Come on folks, being successful is not the same as being a monopoly. We have an excellent example of THAT to measure against
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…