4 posts • joined 12 Sep 2008
I lost three years...
Prescribed Propranalol for regular migraines in my late teens and always put my hazy memories of my college years down to ingestion of... other substances.
It's called 'fit for purpose'. Your phone, watch etc. may get scratched but you expect it not to happen the first time you slide it into a pocket. Cases, half the time, only made the scratching worse when fitting/removing the unit.
Why should a company that deliberately uses shoddy materials, to encourage the 'throwaway culture' we have, be able to get away with it?
The handheld kind
By the time millions are using WiMAX or its competitors we'll be wearing our mobiles so they better had stay cool.
I doubt hardware will be the problem at the get go, what exactly do people expect we'll need to download at 100Mbps anyway?
They were always going to fight it
Kudos to 3 for standing apart from the crowd.
As a Brit recently arrived in Canada used to (relatively) cheap mobile service I'm chuffed to see the European govt stepping in to protect the consumer. Just recently one of the largest networks here spontaneously began charging for incoming texts - ontop of the already gouge-level pricing for sending them. Apart from a late-in-the-day bleat from a solitary MP which was quickly stifled as 'the market should decide what consumers should pay, not government', nothing was done.
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor