1 post • joined 8 Sep 2008
Linux fan, but...
I've been a casual Linux fan for a decade and thought that SCCs would be the catalyst for Linux. For the 2 weeks that I had my AA1 (Linpus + 6 cell battery) I loved it, until I wanted to make some "simple" changes. I wish I had read this great article earlier. I just wanted FF3 and to stream music/movies from my media server. After much reading, trial & error and numerous uses of the recovery DVD, I realised my time was too valuable and I returned it for the AA1 Windows version. I even tried installing other Linux distributions but most do not support the AA1 wi-fi card or make proper use of SSD storage expansion slot :-(
Linux is great... and SCCs are a great way to learn if you have the time. Usually you pay a $100 premium for Windows, but with the price difference between Windows and Linux on SCCs being so small I had no choice but to ultimately opt for the dark side. At least my "simple" changes are now "simple".
Aside: I strongly recommend paying the extra for the 6-cell version. You get 5+ hours of constant usage.
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone