7 posts • joined 8 Sep 2008
own cloud mines pink ...
I purchased a pogoplug long ago, does most things out of the box, installing some additional code gets you almost everything else. I then purchased a fixed IP address via my ISP and I'm home and dry.
Needles to say I'm a techie but the instructions for most things were very well written so should be easy enough for someone used to a command line.
love it, every EU country has it's own building regs and safety regs and most get ignored :)
?? in this time of austerity....
but they can afford to pay someone £143,000....
May be his advise was 'just ignore this stuff nobody ever gets fined'!
temp measurements in reduced pressure
two things from an old instrumentation technician;
1) thermocouple connectors are different colours across the cold bridge- leading to incorrect readings
2) thermocouples need a transfer medium-partial vacuum will lead to incorrect readings
Back in the day we used laser thermometry in low temperature and partial vacuum in the ultra low fridges at Oxford Instruments
They used to make my fingers ache after about an hour typing on them!
Victorian Air Con.. !
I worked in a Victoria hot house where they had mechanical control heat control which operated vents at floor level and in the ceiling we would set it at about 75 F and we would be fine. Used natural convection air flow so no fans. It had some cast iron heating pipes near the floor vents and these where great for warming your feet in the winter.
Chrome or rust ... ?
So uses webkit but an earlier version than the current safari and it needs patching.
Design it's ok, minimal.
Hope the guys at Opera and Konqueror aren't too pissed off.
Yes it may have given Microsoft a prod, but I really doubt it.
All in all I'd say not bad for a first stab at it, just really would have expected better.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs