10 posts • joined Monday 8th September 2008 11:49 GMT
HDMI not compulsory
You don't need an HDMI display for the PI, any old tv with a composite input will work.
Having said that, I do agree that cheap computers do not make programmers. How many parents in the 80s bought Timmy an 8 bit micro thinking they were helping with his education only to end up with an expert in Jetset Willy?
Re: @COG (was: I believe ...)
there's plenty of gravy and cheese here but why the hell would you want salad cream? it's straight from the crotch of satan. on the other hand, this *is* a pork pie desert.
Re: Marxists FAIL
If you think your privacy will improve by changing the flavour of your government to one you prefer, you are a fool.
certs are a racket.
unfortunately, most big companies buy into the racket wholeheartedly.
this looks familliar
unity looks a looks a *lot* like nextstep/afterstep/openstep/windowmaker with newer icons
On a sort of related note..
I used to work in a building on canal st called canal house
there was a sign on the front read "Canal House - Entrance at rear" - you can guess which letter mysteriously disappeared.....
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16