3 posts • joined 23 Apr 2007
Re: Learn from the Irish
So the only reason St. Patrick's Day is popular worldwide is because it's an excuse for a piss-up?
Damn.. and there was me thinking it was something deeper than that. Oh well.. pass the beers, I may be 24 hours late but I have some serious catching up to do in the name of St. George.
Well Gavin Morgan..
.. apparently you Welsh folk get announcements in English *and* Welsh at Paddington station on St. David's Day. Not that anyone would notice the difference as you usually can't hear what they're announcing anyway.
But yes. Jolly bad show chaps re: . St. 'Sun is having a big sale cos they're 25 years old' -'s Day hasn't got the same ring to it..
Eugene, Oregon: world centre of El Reg?
Try searching for 'The Register' instead. Apparently Eugene in Oregon is the world centre for El Reg. London comes a lowly fourth, and there's a shock entry at number 9 from Thames Ditton.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network