3 posts • joined 23 Apr 2007
Re: Learn from the Irish
So the only reason St. Patrick's Day is popular worldwide is because it's an excuse for a piss-up?
Damn.. and there was me thinking it was something deeper than that. Oh well.. pass the beers, I may be 24 hours late but I have some serious catching up to do in the name of St. George.
Well Gavin Morgan..
.. apparently you Welsh folk get announcements in English *and* Welsh at Paddington station on St. David's Day. Not that anyone would notice the difference as you usually can't hear what they're announcing anyway.
But yes. Jolly bad show chaps re: . St. 'Sun is having a big sale cos they're 25 years old' -'s Day hasn't got the same ring to it..
Eugene, Oregon: world centre of El Reg?
Try searching for 'The Register' instead. Apparently Eugene in Oregon is the world centre for El Reg. London comes a lowly fourth, and there's a shock entry at number 9 from Thames Ditton.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad