3 posts • joined 23 Apr 2007
Re: Learn from the Irish
So the only reason St. Patrick's Day is popular worldwide is because it's an excuse for a piss-up?
Damn.. and there was me thinking it was something deeper than that. Oh well.. pass the beers, I may be 24 hours late but I have some serious catching up to do in the name of St. George.
Well Gavin Morgan..
.. apparently you Welsh folk get announcements in English *and* Welsh at Paddington station on St. David's Day. Not that anyone would notice the difference as you usually can't hear what they're announcing anyway.
But yes. Jolly bad show chaps re: . St. 'Sun is having a big sale cos they're 25 years old' -'s Day hasn't got the same ring to it..
Eugene, Oregon: world centre of El Reg?
Try searching for 'The Register' instead. Apparently Eugene in Oregon is the world centre for El Reg. London comes a lowly fourth, and there's a shock entry at number 9 from Thames Ditton.
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant