3 posts • joined 3 Sep 2008
Green as a (weird) verb
Chambers doesn't list 'green' as a verb but HyperDic does:- http://www.hyperdic.net/dic/green.htm#v3000. Mr Sundaresh's image was Photoshopped into having a green background. The smile is original.
Adaptec and Gordon Brown
Adaptec's past reputation is dire, you are very right there. I have a feeling in m'vitals that a tide may be turning though. 1 + 1 may make 3 in this case. Could be wrong of course. We'll see.
Minis and Ferraris
M'lud, may I respectfully beg to differ? The 3PAR Mini went faster than the HP XP2400 Ferrari. In the SPC-1 summary the 3PAR box is listed as having 146GB 15K FC drives. So, at face value, one Fibre channel drive array went faster than another Fibre Channel drive array. 3PAR sells against DS6000/DS8000 from IBM, Symmetrix and high-end Clariion from EMC and XP/high-end EVA from HP. It is an enterprise drive array supplier in my view. I've seen an IBM XIV in-house training doc and IBM reckons that 3PAR is the XIV's main competitive focus with the XIV being positioned as a sell into cloud storage/storage as a service customers where the DS8000 has been rejected. This InServ array of 3PAR's is, I'd suggest, a bit more appealing to enterprises than you might give it credit for.
I am, respectfully y'r honour, y'r obedient servant, etc. etc.
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor