8 posts • joined Thursday 28th August 2008 06:51 GMT
Sorry, but I'll pass
Security, privacy, space, these are the things that concern me the most. I don't need a roaming profile, I have a roaming PC for that. I don't like the idea that someone somewhere can "index" my files so that they could, possibly, at a later date of course, be searchable in a search engine, very scary. And what about space??? Can I have 1TB+ of storage so that I can access my "home videos" on the go??? Oh and how long will it take to stream those said videos through either normal or mobile broadband? I'm going to need at least a gigabit connection to the internet.
No thank you, I'll pass.
Smart move and I can see this becoming the mainstream for netbooks as well as laptops here in the near future. It just makes too much since. And I can see this being the norm for a while until SSD's come down in prices comparable with standard HDD's.
Cool! But Why?
Interesting, I really love the old steamers, but besides the historical significance in using steam, is the real reason due to climate effects?
* If rock is wet, it is raining.
* If rock is green, it rained a while ago.
* If rock is white, it is snowing.
* If rock is shaking, there is an earthquake.
* If rock is dry, the weather is fair.
* If rock is swinging, it's windy.
* If rock is warm, the sun is out.
* If rock is not visible, it's dark outside.
* If rock is under water, there is a flood.
* If rock is gone, there is a tornado (Run!!)
About as reliable as the person at the meteorological department.
Sure it's predicted to rain in my area today, but that doesn't mean that it will.
Man, I've been so used to the old style of the Reg that I wasn't quite expecting this first thing on a Monday Morning, well done! It looks great, though it may take a while to get used to. Love the fact that the last 3 BOFH stories are all listed, this is one key reason for going onto the Reg each week, good job Simon, kept me reading for well over 5 years now!
I think a key thing is that it was well over time for the Reg to update, what took you so long? Most other sites seem to update every year and I can't remember the last time the Reg updated. Cool.
Well, £325 is a little much for a C7 based laptop, and with only 1GB RAM, and 80GB HDD, it's not really worth it.
Shame they didn't use the Atom or the Nano in this and triple the hard drive size and double the RAM, then it would be a contender.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were counting on the Commodore branding to sell it.
Also it should come preloaded with a C64 Emulator and every game that was ever made for the C64.
All I can say about this is that it's about time it happened! Would actually make purchasing of games worth it again. You can also tell that a lot of thought went into this, sure it's not perfect, but neither is the American Bill of Rights, that's why this should be open to amendments, voted on by gamers for gamers.
You have to be kidding right?
Isn't XP the first OS that MS has been able to track??? That would explain a lot about how it's the most pirated version of Windows to date, mainly because it's the only one that they have semi concrete numbers on.
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- New material enables 1,000-meter super-skyscrapers