1 post • joined Thursday 28th August 2008 02:44 GMT
Using the sysinternals.com "movefile" command, you can delete index.dat at next boot.
From my work Vista laptop:
movefile "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\index.dat" ""
movefile "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\index.dat" ""
There's quite a few index.dat files on your PC, you need to get them all the IE related ones.
Index.dat - more info here:
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat