red light safety cameras @AC21.21gmt
except in Italy, where many had commune installed red light safety cameras, 99% of these cameras then disappeared overnight when the camera manufacturer was arrested. truffe/semafori truccati
Allegedly, It turns out that the manufacturer/mayors changed the timing of the Amber light down from the legally mandated 'codice della strada' around 4 to 5 seconds to an en-criminalising 2 seconds. there might have been other 'tricks' involved as these were purely revenue cameras (some small village areas Travedona Monate near Varese made around a megaeuro per annum)
I don't know what the legal ramifications on appeals were as I wasn't caught by even the short Amber period.
It was amazing how fast the suspect installations all were removed!
By the way , France is VERY heavily investing in radar installations in 2009/2010 and remember that you need a fluorescent jacket for each (potential) person in the car = on the spot fine if not.
Italy , with a well defined constitution and 'code of the route' states that the following systems have been homologated and approved with info on www.trasporti.gov.it
T RED (decreto di approvazione n. 3458 del 15/12/05; estensioni n. 19403 del 27/7/06 e n. 48534 del 9/6/08).
- T RED Speed (approvazione 34047 del 16/4/08).
- Vista RED (approvazione162 del 23/2/06; estensioni 60298 dell'11/12/06 e 57768 dell'11/7/08).
- Photored F17A (conferma approvazione 1130 del 18/3/04; estensione 16708 del 19/2/07).
- Photored F17D (approvazione 47017 dell'11/5/2009).
- Velocar Red&Speed (decreto di approvazione 56214 dell'8/7/08)
- Traffistar SR 520 (approvazione 47177 del 4/6/08).
- L'Autostop k20 (conferma approvazione 1135 del 18/3/04).
- il Traffiphot III G (conferma approvazione 1132 del 18/3/04).
- L'Italian Red Speed TM (conferma approvazione 1131 del 18/3/04)
I think it wouldn't be possible to examine or contest the software!