1 post • joined 22 Aug 2008
Dust in the eyes
Integrating everything on one chip is the future but as always Intel makes it the lamest way. PCIe graphics ?!!?!?!! right next to the cpu on one chip ?!?!?! What's wrong with these ppl. Instead of cutting off those pesky useless overhead-only pcie controllers and implement way more efficient on chip communication between both. They simply stuck'em on one chip. One might argue that this will preserve backwards software compatibility, but it's exactly this retarded kind of thinking that got us into the current state of our world where one can spend 1000$ on a multi billion transistor cpu that boots in 16-bit mode with 64k crappy memory segments. But on the other hand a more reasonably thinking man would think that the real reason behind this so called "integration" is not technological revollution but a mere attempt to engage the user to the manufacturer. As amd are also trying.
But hey what do you expect when the product is designed not by engineer-visioners but by greedy economist leeches.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers