2 posts • joined 21 Aug 2008
This is soooo old
I first heard of the "eject /dev/toaster" joke at least 8 or 9 years ago - and I'm afraid the geeky sniggering is now getting to me to the point where I'm actually considering making a damn toaster that I can connect to my computer just to shut everyone up! If it had been real I wouldn't have been complaining, but come on, this is hardly original!
Agggh! Why does no one remember Psion?
I'm so tired of people saying that the eeePC has revolutionised laptops. No one remembers the Psion netBook? Released in 1999/2000, the size of an eeePC but with a bigger screen, better keyboard, longer battery life (8/9 hours) and more responsive software. Okay, it was expensive, but that's besides the point. The artcle says 'what Intel calls "netbooks" '. Well I think that phrase was well and truly coined almost 10 years ago. The world wasn't ready for Psion (or vice versa) but we could at least give them some credit!
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft