4 posts • joined 14 Aug 2008
re: Excellent ... but
A lot of OEM parts show up at places like NewEgg. It just means it won't come in a Retail box with a bundled cooler.
One thing that's good is you will be able to get a motherboard with DVI or HDMI output which apparently is something that Intel does not allow the Atom to do. The 780g might make a very nice HTPC.
Threat to Via Nano
That just about makes the Via Nano irrelevent on the desktop. The 2650 will beat a single core Nano in performance and lower power consumption. The X2 3250e would beat a mythical dual core Nano in both also.
Doesn't touch the Atom in power consumption, but maybe comes close when looking at the system consumption figures since the AMD chip comes with a nice 780g or 8200 chipset and the Atom is handcuffed by the 945G.
re: Not very compelling in the slightest
If AMD made a 1GHz x2 at 16W, I would go for that, but AMDs biggest problem has been they don't know what to do with what they have. So Atom's looking pretty good to me. Will there be a board with DVI?
re: Sorry but.........
First of all, not all uses of BitTorrent are illegal. I've downloaded many Linux distros with BitTorrent.
Second of all, if you're having bandwidth problems, blame your ISP. If I'm paying for unlimited high-speed internet, I'm going to use it!
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion