5 posts • joined 14 Aug 2008
As far as I can see, the big difference is iSCSI. £2000 for an 8TB iSCSI box is a steal
Ubuntu 9.10 + MythTV 0.22 FTW
My friend is learning MythTV and Ubuntu with his DVB-S card and Freesat.
Mythbuntu control center is a revelation.
The amount of groupware style integration is bordering on holy.
The new software center is lovely.
The 6 month small steps rather than Vista 50-year f**k everything up is better.
Cloud software is getting very good.
Everything Just Works.
Windows 7 + my C905 phone for playing music was Epic Fail.
Nobody has mentioned the new Bluetooth stuff:
Mice finally Just Work
Phones with PANu (Bluetooth wireless broadband router) Just Work
The amount of joined up thinking that's arriving is so exciting to see.
I just gibber with excitement to see what every 6 months will bring next!! 8D
"Does that mean that once Flash has rolled out to Blackberries, WinMo, Palm Pre etc., the iPhone will remain forever the only phone to not have the full Web Experience (tm) ?"
We can but only hope. Now, make it work on my SE C905 or Opera Mini please :)
Pathetic, please die.
Passion for what you're making == Good Games (good anything really)
Where is the passion in a gaming globocorp buying bullshit rights and labels from other globocorps?
Then slapping it on shovelware?
HOW DID PEOPLE THIS SUPID BECOME THIS RICH?
No, it is simple, they're just trying really hard to make it not so
You got 3 choices:
7", 9" and 10" screen.
1) 7" = 701 (original eee pc)
2) 9" = 901 (only one with an Atom, good battery, decent wireless)
3) 10" = 1000 (er, only one, choice of flash or HDD)
Or, really really simple:
JUST BUY THE 901 'COS IT'S THE ONLY GOOD ONE
Tux, 'cos you also really don't want the XP one.
It's brain poison.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'