3 posts • joined 5 Aug 2008
RIPA I think only applies to public bodies...
BT is not a public body, it is a private company. Therefore as far as I can see (IANAL) RIPA does not apply to it. Please read RIPA. Now do you see what I mean?
That's OK though, because other rules govern the legality of wiretapping by private bodies, and the European regulations prohibit it. What they are doing is illegal but nothing to do with RIPA. I think it clouds the issue.
Why does BT have any customers? I'm confused about this. I understand the phone line market, people may need phonelines for broadband, but why are so many of the posters here with BT at all? If Lehman Brothers can hit the dust so can BT. I can't wait to see the day. If I had shares in BT I would sell, sell, sell.
@El Reg. Please get FOI in for BERR letter
Proposed reforms to Freedom of Information are in the pipeline, so requesting it under current law is essential or it may be dodged: see http://www.cfoi.org.uk/feesproposals.html
I doubt I'm alone in my desire to see the whole letter, it's in the public interest to publish it! Please get an FOI request in before it's too late? And let's all get to read that letter!
Can shares be deselected from a pension?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders