3 posts • joined 4 Aug 2008
A gimmick maybe?
I thought that modern GPUs were actually much more optimised for repetitive tasks than CPUs (like Cell), and could actually be much, much faster when carrying out those tasks than an equivalent (spec sounding) CPU. So what's the point of this, other than the cynical PS3 marketing angle?
Andrew! You've hit it on the head. My current contract is up, I have my PAC code ready and waiting, and I'm torn between this and the iPhone. On one hand you have the freedom and applications of Windows (and the expandability, and the replacable battery, and that beautiful screen, and TomTom) without some of the more infuriating restrictions of the iPhone, but on the other you have the incredibly frustrating non-instantaneous response of its interface. I'd dearly prefer not to buy into the whole iPhone meme, but having seen the way competent users can fly around its interface it would be far less likely to be flung out of the window because it was loading up a pointless transition anim.
It may have just the one lens and a viewfinder, but it isn't an SLR. The VERY DEFINITION OF THE PHRASE as usefully shouted by the previous poster misses the REFLEX part of the PHRASE.
There ain't no mirror in that camera.
One more thing - board?
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware
- Ice, ice maybe: Evidence of 'Grand Canyon' glacier FOUND ON MARS