3 posts • joined 30 Jul 2008
What they seem to have failed to factor in is the loss in productivity when the user comes into work, fires her Windows machine up and waits 5-10 minutes for it to boot and be useable.
Add in the likelihood that said user will probably go and make a cuppa you're looking at 15-20 minutes of lost productivity at the start of the day.
£17 a year doesn't sound so much now does it?
What a joke this is!
We are heading back to the bad old days of NS4 vs IE3 - doubling up code on a conditional basis due to nobody really following web standards as they are written!
Can we not just standardise rendering engines, and sell browsers on value added features instead? It would make my life a hell of a lot easier!
Isn't this just a dumbed down N95?
What 'business' features are we really talking about here? Push Email?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Google opens new Inbox – email for people too dumb to use email