3 posts • joined Wednesday 30th July 2008 00:54 GMT
Is it a one off?
Looks like this could be a one-off - just for the likes of Iran. Next year when the Iranians detonate a nuke proving themselves liars and unworthy of trust it will be necessary to destroy their nuke capacity and missile manufacturing capacity. They may not agree to this, so half a dozen raptors will need to be posted out of Diego Garcia to provide around the clock cover for a single one of these loitering over the central gulf - no need to even enter Iran's airspace - to knock down every Shahab-2 or 3 launch while the cruise missiles and the rest of the Air units do their job. That way they get to keep all of their fissile material themselves. As soon as the radiation from an attempted nuke strike from one of the downed missiles is detected their won't be any international furor over taking the gloves off - one trident missile - Tehran, Mashhad, Esfahan, Tabriz, Shiraz, Ahvaz, Qom, Kermanshah. If Anakednutjob managed to survive he might tone down his rhetoric but not likely.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging