2 posts • joined 30 Jul 2008
Microsoft should treat it as useful marketing
The corporate lawyers are no doubt flying on autopilot, but if this app is of decent quality then it's actually free viral advertising for Vista (and Microsoft have previously taken a completely different stance when people have replicated large gobs of the Vista UI online).
On the other hand I can easily see the Apple legal machine moving into action to smite him for the perceived desecration.
It's an interesting naming convention
Basically the Ubuntu release name scheme modified to suggest self-abuse (a bit redundant, but whatever). He's onto a winner there.
I don't know who the next target will be, but I'm betting on the label being "Onanising Orangutans"
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed