1 post • joined 29 Jul 2008
Stuck in Limbo
I have a non-3G iPhone that was unlocked. After updating iTunes to 7.7, I accidentally hit some update button in iTunes and it downloaded and installed iPhone 2.0. It became useless of course.
I tried running Pwnage 2.0.1 to no success. When trying to do the custom restore, iTunes says, `The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (6).`.
When I try to re-run Pwnage, I can't get it to shut off to go into DFU mode. It keeps rebooting into Restore mode (with the iTunes logo and USB pointing to it).
I tried to use ZiPhone with it, but it can't find the iPhone even though iTunes can.
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of huge BULGE FOUND ON MOON is solved