1 post • joined 29 Jul 2008
Stuck in Limbo
I have a non-3G iPhone that was unlocked. After updating iTunes to 7.7, I accidentally hit some update button in iTunes and it downloaded and installed iPhone 2.0. It became useless of course.
I tried running Pwnage 2.0.1 to no success. When trying to do the custom restore, iTunes says, `The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (6).`.
When I try to re-run Pwnage, I can't get it to shut off to go into DFU mode. It keeps rebooting into Restore mode (with the iTunes logo and USB pointing to it).
I tried to use ZiPhone with it, but it can't find the iPhone even though iTunes can.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads