2 posts • joined 27 Jul 2008
What's the problem?
Earlier this year, I tried to remortgage.
With a good credit record, 3 years of accounts, a contract in hand (ie. decent forward order book), a building society and my own bank were happy to lend.
My bank mostly lends from customer deposits, so I wouldn't want them lending my money to someone who can't prove they can pay it back.
If you're thinking of going contracting, sort out your mortgage before you start, and if you don't have one, spend the 2-3 years you need to prove yourself saving a better deposit.
The cynic in me wonders if it came on a press release from Tesco.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise