1 post • joined 23 Jul 2008
Nu-Clear waste not an issue?
Of course nuclear is the answer! The fact that the half-life of waste from the new generation of nuclear reactors is measured in millions of years is inconsequential. We just need to find somewhere geologically stable enough to last that long, create Ma scale construction methods and jobs a gud un!
We could also chuck in all the waste thats been kicking around in the existing nuclear power stations that we hadn't worked out what to do with, ditto the military waste and the radioactive bits of decommissioned plants that we'll generate over the years.... hmmm, its going to have to be a massive hole, Coventry perhaps?
Sarcasm aside, I'm genuinely interested in what the pro-nukes think the answer is to this problem?
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know