4 posts • joined 22 Jul 2008
Aiming to get Bitten By Hackers
Arrogance on Apple's part. They will get hacked. Customers will get hit. Apple will go "whoops" but that won't help the customers hit.
Good acquisition by McAfee. Secure Computing has great technology. Adds some credence to the "best innovations are by smaller organizations" argument. This strengthens and broadens MFE's product portfolio while giving them more bragging rights about having products in the leader's quadrants of Gartner's Magic Quadrants.
As The Big Vendors Get Involved
Uh, oh, an increasing number of large vendors are getting involved. This may impact innovation. Or it may accelerate purchases by customers as they view this as further legitimization of the technology. Analysts see this as a multi-billion dollar marketplace. The $B value may be reached more quickly now.
Not A Good Week For McAfee
First a $18mm judgement for patent infringement (being disputed) and now a Pwnie dishonorable mention. The horror of it all. This is no McFun for the company.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*