6 posts • joined 22 Jul 2008
I've had an Advent 4211 for nearly two months (I bought one within days of its release).
I'm very satisfied with my purchase. It's a great little machine. I just wanted something cheap, light and fun for web browsing and Skype chatting, and this fits the bill.
It's not perfect; it does have flaws. Its wireless reception is pretty lousy, the battery life on the 3-cell isn't good enough, and it can't play high-res video at full-screen. But I still like it.
Microsoft Profits > World
A T101 for me please
I'll take a T101. I've always fancied my own personal Terminator to do my bidding. First thing I'd do is command it to do my ironing.
That's not an iPhone 3G
I don't buy it. A Product (RED) version of the iPhone 3G may be in the works, but that certainly isn't it. It has a flat back and black plastic switches on the side, which indicate that it's an original model iPhone. The 3G has a curved back and chrome switches. These are probably just Photoshop images.
Doesn't bode well
The 2133 was too slow to begin with. Let's hope they don't scale back the performance even more in the cost-cutting process.
SanDisk is the issue
I think the main problem is that SanDisk's crappy SSDs are incredibly sluggish: something like 50MB/s read, 40MB/s write. It's not an SSD problem - it's a SanDisk problem.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO