3 posts • joined 17 Jul 2008
I have an xbox 360 and i used to stream from my linkstaion pro nas using twonky media as a upnp server and i worked pretty well, the 360 plays .avi .mp4. .mp3 .divx so not too bad. I sold my NAS recently and built a media server, i'm still using my 360 to stream but will be building a custom built mini itx htpc and putting XMBC on it. Download XMBC live cd and give it a try, it's fantastic, it looks amazing and plays a crap load of stuff.
I like the idea of the acer revo as it's cheap at £150 and is more upgradable than apple tv which is under powered and over priced.
@Simon Most people don't know what MB, Mb, GB etc stand for so for a company to say this player is 7.54GB it doesn't sound as good as 8GB.
I like iRiver they make really nice players, i had the iHP-140 back in the day and it's still one of the best mp3 players I've every owned (well helped that i had RockBox on it), currently got the 3rd gen Ipod nano which is, just ok.
I’ve got the NV24HD, had it for a few months and I’m going to be selling it on. The image quality is pretty disappointing, the noise and grainy look of the pictures are really poor. The Image stabilization and face detection in my opinion don’t work.
Though having said that if this improved (and I mean improves) on the pics I could be tempted, but it sounds like more of the same, oh well.
Nice try Samsung
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots