2 posts • joined 17 Jul 2008
What has this to do with false malware positives?
What have affiliation links to do with a false accusation of distributing malware? The Shield Deluxe is actually a rebranded Kaspersky Antivirus 6. Tech-Pro.net does not review rubbish no matter how big a commission the developer offers. All sites need to earn a living unless they are run as a hobby - perhaps you use an ad blocker and didn't notice the ads on The Register?
As the owner of the site in question I can state categorically that this rating was not the result of a bad link by an ad server. It was a link to a free trial download of a reputable anti-spyware product, which 32 out of 33 scanners at virustotal.com pronounced clean (the exception being McAfee's.)
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor