2 posts • joined 17 Jul 2008
What has this to do with false malware positives?
What have affiliation links to do with a false accusation of distributing malware? The Shield Deluxe is actually a rebranded Kaspersky Antivirus 6. Tech-Pro.net does not review rubbish no matter how big a commission the developer offers. All sites need to earn a living unless they are run as a hobby - perhaps you use an ad blocker and didn't notice the ads on The Register?
As the owner of the site in question I can state categorically that this rating was not the result of a bad link by an ad server. It was a link to a free trial download of a reputable anti-spyware product, which 32 out of 33 scanners at virustotal.com pronounced clean (the exception being McAfee's.)
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?