5 posts • joined 15 Jul 2008
did the right thing he found this metasploit and kept it under his hat and got in contact with cisco and microsoft back in March. I've been busy patching my servers and hopefully other companys will follow im testing it to the point where im actually running the exploit so far so good although my patch on linux went a tad wrong.
Fair play to the guy for doing it this way.
Did wonders for me, updated the linux servers bind daemon and it killed everything i really enjoyed manually rebuilding what the patch had done...
6 months to bring out this patch jeez...... fair played to the guy who found it though and kept it hush hush instead of taking advantage of the problem.
When Childs get out of prison id like to buy him a beer :)
what i dont understand
what sort of idiot looks after a server ANY server for that matter and has to worry about any kind of dictionary/brute force attempt.
Why are you not using strong password? passwords for my servers are 30+ chars long chances of those being brute forced by any botnet with the next 5 years are pretty slim.
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp