8 posts • joined 12 Jul 2008
Yes, they are. Suspect you're confusing vertical lines with vertical resolution, not at all the same thing. DVD's are mpeg2 encoded at either 720x576 or 720x486 generally. I can also assure you those resolutions were in very common use in broadcast behind the scenes well before DVD came along. Google "D-1 sony" if you don't believe me.
"spurious economics, inverse snobbery and flawed logic" - wow, that was a brave and perfect description of your own article.
Amazon is gonna get such a slapping for this one...
1080i is 1080p
"1080i? come on Sky, wheres the 1080p"
Err - any content that started as 1080p ie movies @1080p24 can be easily reconstructed from the 1080i signal. Do a little research before spouting off.
"More to the point, I want to know just how fast that grease gun is going"
From memory, about 17,000Km/hr - a fair bit of inertia then.
not the same guy...
The two defensive posts are from different guys, or one clever guy - grammar styles are quite different.
its vs it's
I have vs I've
Anyone dumb enough to leave that evidence lying around wouldn't be that clever, would he??
...mine's with the CSI kit in the pocket
Not the first...
Well, he wouldn't have been the first to be knocked off by his fridge, sadly...
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Apple fanbois SCREAM as update BRICKS their Macbook Airs