8 posts • joined Saturday 12th July 2008 03:09 GMT
Yes, they are. Suspect you're confusing vertical lines with vertical resolution, not at all the same thing. DVD's are mpeg2 encoded at either 720x576 or 720x486 generally. I can also assure you those resolutions were in very common use in broadcast behind the scenes well before DVD came along. Google "D-1 sony" if you don't believe me.
"spurious economics, inverse snobbery and flawed logic" - wow, that was a brave and perfect description of your own article.
Amazon is gonna get such a slapping for this one...
not the same guy...
The two defensive posts are from different guys, or one clever guy - grammar styles are quite different.
its vs it's
I have vs I've
Anyone dumb enough to leave that evidence lying around wouldn't be that clever, would he??
...mine's with the CSI kit in the pocket
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?