4 posts • joined 11 Jul 2008
The ship never actually travels at relativistic speeds. While space is being warped, the ship uses its standard, newtonian-physics based impulse engines to move. This is why phasers can be fired at warp - because the ship isn't actually travelling faster than light, it just reaches its destination in a period of time that suggests it were.
...many LCD and plasma TVs (and set-top boxes) have RS232 ports. It's often a service port for programming, disagnostics and updating firmware.
...but the hardware is terrible. The web access works well enough, but that horrible PASSIVE matrix screen looks worse than the old Jornadas.
...to buy the 2.0 software for my Touch, but have been unable since I started trying at around 18:30BST. At first I got 'iTunes music store not available' or the wonderfully vague '-4' errors, but now they've given up even telling me there's a problem.
It's almost like they don't want me to spend the £10 store credit I got from KRCS over a bodged AppleCare repair on my G5 iMac...
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean